Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Old set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member A7fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2006
    Location
    Pacifc Northwest
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Old set

    Quote Originally Posted by A7fan View Post
    More than I'd pay....... but I'm cheap :-)
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Old set


    Alien_Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    750
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Old set

    dunno... I'm not in the market for bookshelf right now.
    - Mike

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Old set


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Old set

    That's a nice woofer box....I used to have 16 of those. Last conversation I had with Steve Schell he was pretty certain it was a Jensen.

    Outside with no acoustics it's hard to get a decent low end. Many big companies used Schearers, the were call "RCA W bins", as RCA's Harry Olson did the design work. I liked that Jensen bin as it was half size, even a 24 year old back appreciated that.

    A Google for "RCA W bin" still brings up lots of hits. Like:

    rca.jpg

    And the following links, courtesy of Prince Serendip...

    http://www.ishtek.com/software_ts_sdb.html

    http://www.volvotreter.de/downloads/...le_Horns_2.pdf
    Last edited by Old Guy; May 20th, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.